Introducing Parenting for the Launch!
Many parents of teenagers describe feeling isolated, ill-equipped, and under-prepared, with kids who don’t appear be listening during this crucial time of life. They are anxious about their children leaving home and their relationships are often strained. At a time when parents want to become closer to their teens, they feel like they’re being pushed away in favor of other voices. These questions keep them awake at night:
- Have we covered the bases?
- How will our relationship change?
- Are they ready?
- Are we ready???
We believe (and think most will agree) that young adults today need more than head knowledge. They need a solid, holistic leadership foundation that will support them and enable them to make key decisions in these crucial years and beyond. This includes having a purposeful life perspective, solid character, strong personal disciplines, the ability to develop healthy relationships, career smarts, financial management skills, and the capacity to overcome adversity. So, we (Dennis Trittin and Arlyn Lawrence) collaborated to write Parenting for the Launch: Raising Teens to Succeed in the Real World as a comprehensive guide for today’s parents to train tomorrow’s successful adults. We hope it will inspire, equip, and encourage parents with proven principles and innovative strategies to confidently navigate the later teen years, particularly in that strategic period leading up to the "launch."
Parenting for the Launch is designed to help parents grow in their understanding, effectiveness, and confidence in preparing their teens for a successful launch. It is filled with principles, strategies, thought-provoking questions and exercises to guide today’s parent. It also offers the invaluable perspectives and desires of employers and educators who are working with young adults- "real world" perspectives on what our children need to thrive in adulthood.
Want a sneak peek? The book contains three powerful sections:
1. Destination Preparation: how to give teens “wings, not strings,” setting parenting goals, building a leadership foundation in your teen, and preparing him or her with street-smart wisdom for key life decisions
2. Relationship Preparation: how to customize your parenting based on your teen’s unique personality, how to affirm his or her value through an understanding of his/her “personal assets,” how to successfully communicate and build an enduring relationship, and how to recruit positive third party voices into your teen’s life
3. Transition Preparation: how to move from the driver’s seat to the passenger seat by gradually releasing control, and how to set up for a successful transition after your teen leaves home
You can order Parenting for the Launch by visiting our online store: http://www.bookmasters.com/marktplc/03217.htm Help us spread the word by sharing Parenting for the Launch with your friends, family, and associates. Watch our website and your inbox for updates, and if you’re not already on our email newsletter, you can sign up here.